Monday, August 8, 2016

French green beans rice

This recipe comes under travel cooking/ one-pot cooking/ Easy cooking series. I have decided to give it the name salt and pepper series because, in the recent past due to back to back travelling (not that I am complaining here), I had to cook a lot but with very limited resources. I couldn't carry a lot of things and had to rely on just the local supermarket for resources. So what I ended up with is cooking with just salt and pepper. Most of the times I had access to only canned stuff and was a novice in that department. Now, I have explored that world too :) . So the ingredients will include canned stuff.


Ingredients

Canned french green beans                                  1 can
Salt                                                                        As needed
Black pepper powder                                           1.5 tblspns
Basmathi rice                                                        1 cup
Oil                                                                          1 tsp


Method


  1. Add oil in the electric cooker and let it heat.
  2. Drain the beans and wash it thoroughly
  3. When the oil is hot, add drained and washed beans and mix well.
  4. Add basmathi rice and add 2 cups of water.
  5. Add salt and pepper to it and close the lid and let it cook until done.
French green beans rice is ready to be had with natural yogurt and potato chips (crisps) as side.



No comments:

 
My Zimbio
KudoSurf Me!