Tuesday, April 14, 2015

My experiements with brown rice - Epilogue


Part 1Part 2


Not to drag on for much longer, I am trying and finding out brown rice to be more and more versatile  every day. It is proving great for thokku saadhams ( mangaai thokku saadham ( mango thokku rice) and nellikkai thokku saadham ( Indian Gooseberry thokku rice) are simply astounding!). Avakkai rice, thogayal rice (mint thogayal, coconut thogayal, peerkangai thogayal)  everything tastes  great!  Brown rice upma tastes great too.

The reason for me for writing this elaborate write-up (for some might have been boring too) was to say that brown rice is a very tasty option that is very healthy too. There might be people at different points in life for whom brown rice becomes compulsion than a choice. I have heard many say eating brown rice is an unfortunate circumstance, many placing brown rice inferior , many sniping it to be "healthy". I do not know why it has got such a reputation. But from my side, I would like to get the word around that brown rice is a superb gifted option, often surpassing the taste of its white counterpart and we all can gladly make a shift. Yes, it takes a few times before we cook the rice perfectly! But even the trial times are not bad! So happy Brown ricing!!!

No comments:

 
My Zimbio
KudoSurf Me!